Discussion in 'Vu+ Ultimo Black Hole Images' started by lorenzo64, Feb 5, 2012.
You have to configure your Ultimo network setup to connect it to your home network.
Please let me know how to configure my Ultimo settings to connect it to my pc. I have Wireless network connection on my Ultimo and the same Wireless on the pc. But how to connect both of them?
You can connect your PC to your Vu+ in several mode.
Via FTP, via web browser, samba ecc.
For exemple, To connect by webinterface, you have to digit you Vu+ IP addess into address bar.
The same thing you have to do to connect by a software FTP or by DreamBoxEdit.
I am still trying to connect my Pc to the VU+ as advised. But:
(1) Do I have to physically connect them using an ethernet cable or wirelessly?
(2) Would The creation of Favourite Sat ch lists be done through the Pc (DreamBoxEdit) or the Vu+ ? If it is through the Pc, how to transfer the lists to the VU+?
(3) Can I use the DreamBoxEdit directly on the VU+ to do the job without the computer?
Thank you for your prompt valuable support.
1) You can use what you prefer.
2) You can create your favourite lists on your PC with DreamBoxEdit and upload them on your Vu+ by the same software.
3) Since it's not a plugin, but a windows software, you can't use DremBoxEdit directly on Vu+.
You can also modify your favourite list directly on Vu+ by selecting the channel list (up or down arrows button), pressing the menu button and selecting the items to add, remove or move.
Done! I am very pleased. Thanks for your great support and efforts.
My previous Vix Image included some settings or plugs-in to enhance the screen picture quality, It seems that I have lost these with my BH Image as I tried but could not find the necessary tools to do it. I also lost the date display on the Ultimo front panel. I only see the time disply without the date when it is switched off. Please advise.
Menu>setup>>system.......(Video enhancement settings & Autoresolution)
I tried that, but still some missing enhancement tools which are not there!
(1) Are there any other plugs-in to help me as it seems that some settings are missing?
(2) How can I restore the Date Disply (together with the Time) on the front panel when the system is switched off or in standby.
Appreciate more your kind response.
look @ the folowing place
long blue>Software management>advance Option>Packet Management>>>>> make the earth glow blue (reload)
You can download the plugin directly by BH Addons Manager
Well done. Great! At last, I found the Video Enhancement Settings. The picture quality is now marvellous. Thanks a lot. But, for the second piont regarding The time and Date, Is it any way to disply Both The current Date and Time when the system is shut off or in standby? Please advise as I found it very usefull indeed.
I really found the BH Image is very excellent in performance, wonderfull in design, stable on display and rich in colour. It is like a RR car, a joy to drive and control. Thanks to the Marvellous Team by whom it is created, developed and maintained. Kind Regards.
It's a skin features, you should modify the skin.xml file.
Will you kindly tell me how to modify the skin.xml file. Thanks.
Please let me know where can I find that file in the system and how to modify it. Kind regards.
Can anyone helps me please to identify that skin.xml file and how to modify it. I 'm hoping for a response ASAP. Thanks.
Sorry for delay.
The path to find the file is: /usr/share/enigma2/skin.xml
Thank you for responding. I just came on line to check my emails. Because I am new and interested to know, I will try now to do this and will let you know shortly.
User/share/enigma2 ? Which menu? Can not find User menu. .... I am not a professional. I will appreciate more your efforts to guide me with more details. Thanks.