Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free App "vuplusTV" for Apple TV

Discussion in 'Ipad, Iphone, Android & Other Tablets' started by ssbmaccom, Mar 20, 2016.

1. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

It should. I only have a Solo2 but one of my beta testers has a Solo 4k.
    VLCKit should be able to playback 4k materials - it could just be a issue with network bandwidth.
    Give it a try, as it is a free App. If it does not work, let me know.

2. grangerardo

grangerardo Vu+ Newbie

I have a Duo2.
    When do you release 1v3?.

Thanks for your work!.

3. York

York Vu+ Newbie

Hi ssbmaccom,
    Thank you for the nice app. I like it that is very fast and plays very good the HD channels from my UNO 4K, no buffering.

The only thing I am missing is a graphical multi EPG, but I can live without it in case this is a trade for speed and buffering.

4. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

Version 1.3 is close, another build (41) will be shared to my beta-testers later today.

About Multi-EPG... yes... it will come. But it only makes sense, when you can setup Timers from there, add EPG search and Timer management, Recording management... and last not least a reasonable visual apearance and usability. So this is a bigger one. So I plan all that for version 2.0 as in-App purchase, but so far I have no more details about all of it incl. pricing. But it wont be too expensive ;-)

5. iApple4er

iApple4er Vu+ Newbie

Hallo! Du hast wie es aussieht TV und Radio vertauscht. Meine TV Senderbouquets tauchen unter dem Radiomenü auf, das TV Menü ist leer. Und der Sendername taucht jetzt in der Mitte des Bildschirms aus und verschwindet nicht mehr.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

6. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

Das ist bei mir nicht so, bei den meisten anderen Testern ebenfalls nicht.
    Welche Box und welches Image hast du?
    Bist du sicher, dass du das OpenWebIF Plugin installiert hast?
    Welche Version von OpenWebIF?

Probiere mal in einem Browser:
    http://<ipaddr>/web/getallservices
    http://<ipaddr>/web/getallservices?type=radio

Ersteres sollte die TV Bouquets mit Sendern und das zweite entsprechend für Radio liefern. Wenn nicht, dann liefert deine Box was falsches. Das mit dem PIcon passiert, wenn die App Radio abspielt, damit der Bildschirm dabei nicht schwarz bleibt.

7. iApple4er

iApple4er Vu+ Newbie

Habe das geprüft. Bei beiden kommt das TV Bouquet. Das merkwürdige ist, dass das erst mit der aktuellen Beta 1.3 (41) auftritt. Meine Box ist die Dreambox dm800se, Newnigma2 v2 3.3.2 Webinterface 1.7.1 Enigma Version 2012-03-27-3-2

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

8. iApple4er

iApple4er Vu+ Newbie

Nach Neustart vom AppleTV geht alles wieder, aber das TV Bouquet kommt auch noch unter Radio...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

9. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

Ah, alles klar.
    Deine Box hat kein OpenWebIF, oder ein zu altes. Das WebIF von Dreambox versteht den Aufruf nicht und ignoriert den "Anhang" an der URL.
    Prüfe nach, ob du ein ausreichend aktuelles OpenWebIF Plugin installieren kannst. Das kann man dann parallel zum bestehenden WebIF auf einem anderen Port nutzen. Ich weiß aber nicht, ob für deine Distri eine kompatible OpenWebIF Version verfügbar ist. OWIF 0.1.2 reicht nicht. Auf meiner Solo2 mit vti 9.0.3 ist OWIF 0.4.8 installiert, damit geht es. Aktuell ist OWIF 1.4.x

Wenn das nicht geht, dann muss ichwieder zurück zum 2stufigen Laden der Bouquets, was wesentlich komplizierter und fehleranfälliger ist. Würde ich ungern machen, wenn es sich vermeiden lässt. Immerhin habe ich seit einigen Wochen keine Crashes der App mehr.

Berichte mir bitte, ob das mit OWIF klappt, ich habe da noch einen Beta-Tester, der es auf seiner Dreambox nicht hinbekommt, er kann nur ein altes OWIF installieren und scheinbar wird die Distri die er hat nicht mehr gepflegt.

10. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

Build 43 (Version 1.3) is out to Beta testers. The issue with radio services not displayed correctly with boxes NOT running OpenWebIF (like some DreamBoxes) should be fixed now.
    Please confirm iApple4er.

11. doroftei

doroftei Vu+ Newbie

Hi ssbmaccom...first of all thanks for the very useful app. I have only one issue with it. I have a duo2 and I would like to use of course the transcoding feature. Issue is that when I set the port to 8002 nothing plays anymore. On port 8001 I have absolutely no issues. The whole point in getting the duo2 was to be able to transcode. Can you help me please with any pointers as to the settings on the duo2 to be able to stream trasncoded to the apple tv?
    many thanks again.
    Dorin

12. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

Hi Dorin,
    well I do not know the capabilities of the Duo2 and the image you are using. On my Solo2 transcoded streams worked well, last time i tried it - but they look so awful. Bit as far as I remember the Solo2 has a more powerful CPU than the Duo2. Transcodng takes a lot of computation power.
    You can try on a computer first using OpenWebIF. Usually the browser will download a m3u file with the reference and then open it in a video player of your choice. I suggest to use VLC (the App uses embedded VLC for playback). Also you can play with the transcoding settings directly from OpenWebIF and try to find a bitrate that the Duo2 can serve and still offers reasonable quality.
    But usually the App gives best tesults without transcoding, at least with suitable network performance. Via LAN or good WiFi this should work quite well, but some users even connect to their boxes remotely with fast internet connections.
    So, why you want to use transcoded streams?
    Anyway I can only suggest to try with different bitrate settings on the Duo2. Could be, that the ZapSTB option may improve the situation, as the box only has to operate with one tuner.
    If playback on a computer works fine, but not in the App, let me know.

13. doroftei

doroftei Vu+ Newbie

Thank you for the quick reply. I actually went for the duo2 because it has hardware transcoding. Both receivers have the same processor. I can confirm that transcoded streams play well in VLC on computer, iPad and android device. To your question as to why I want to use transcoded streams, the reason is that I will be streaming from Romania to either Netherlands or Switzerland. Even though in Romania I have good bandwidth...i still would prefer to help the streaming by lowering the bandwidth. The duo2 has two receiver...ergo the zap function is not really needed IMHO. I will try with different streaming profiles. Would changes in the WebIF interface be in realtime?

Thank you again for all your support.

14. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

I see. Even the app was intended for use in local networks I see more users trying to use it with remote connections. One of my Beta-Testers is also from Romania, internet connectivity is - to my surprise - very well. He does not use Transcoding and I was accessing his box for testing purposes without any issues.
    But I now also tried Transcoding locally and yes... it is failing. With my current version of the App the stream is starting but then stops and with Debug Info from VLCKit it tells me:
    2017-02-16 10:11:09.131701+0100 vuplusTV[1723:891311] Can't read TS packet at 192512
    2017-02-16 10:11:09.131902+0100 vuplusTV[1723:891311] EOF reached

So it looks like the connection to the stream is not stable, not sure why. VLCKit runs into the end of the stream as hte server seems to close the connection.

2017-02-16 10:11:03.990512+0100 vuplusTV[1723:891324] resolving 192.168.42.42 ...
    2017-02-16 10:11:03.991850+0100 vuplusTV[1723:891324] connecting to 192.168.42.42 port 8002 ...
    2017-02-16 10:11:04.000098+0100 vuplusTV[1723:891311] outgoing request:
    GET /1:0:1:445C:453:1:C00000:0:0:0: HTTP/1.1

Host: 192.168.42.42:8002

Accept: */*

Accept-Language: en_US

User-Agent: VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git

Range: bytes=0-

2017-02-16 10:11:06.085755+0100 vuplusTV[1723:891321] end of stream
    2017-02-16 10:11:08.529953+0100 vuplusTV[1723:891311] incoming response:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Connection: Close

Content-Type: video/mpeg

Server: transtreamproxy

No clue, what is going wrong there.
    Unfortunately you may have to go for the not transcoded streams at the moment. But it worked some time ago.

Can you also try and get the beta version of VLC (3.0.0 pre something) and check with this version? Maybe it was introduced with the ongoing work on VLC and VLCKit. If so, I may drop a bug report to the VLC guys.

15. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

I just tested it with official VLC release (2.2.4) for Mac and with preview of VLC 3.
    The official one works fine, but with VLC 3 it takes ages to load and then I only get audio, no video and after some time the stream is breaking.

So it looks like an issue inside VLCKit.
    Problem will be, that it is hard for them to reproduce the issue without trying with a transcoded stream served by a vu+ box.

16. doroftei

doroftei Vu+ Newbie

Thanks for the explanation. Right now the tests have been carried on the local network in the Netherlands and that's what arose my question. I will have the receiver in Romania next week. If they need stream I can help with providing them streams. Just let me know.

In the mean time I have 3 options: 1. server the transcoded stream to my tvheadend, 2. airplay from iPad that has no issue with the transcoded stream and 3. watch the stream like it is without transcoding.

I all situations I will keep a close eye to this thread. The work and software you have placed at our disposal is great and I'm sure in the end these issues will be resolved.

17. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

I can check with the VLC team and i will check with an earlier Versin of VLCKit.
    Can you dump such a transcoded stream? The try, if it is reproducible with VLC 3 and the local file. Would indicate that this is caused by a decoder issue, maybe with track preparsing. Otherwise it might be a connection issue, they might then need access to a box via Internet. Can be difficult.
    If you want to stay tuned about the profress on the App it might be helpful to register at my Redmine Server, where we discuss the beta versions. I'll PM you the details.

When you go to Romania, say hello... which area are you going? We plan to visit Sibiu for the FITS in June.

18. doroftei

doroftei Vu+ Newbie

I go to Brasov as that is where my house is.

In regards to the dump I will try to perform one, just need to find the proper commands to do this from the receiver terminal. I will keep you posted. I will register as per your instructions and we will definitely be in touch. I want to be as much help as possible. If they need to connect I have no issue with granting them access. If the outcome is good for the community I'm down with that.

19. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

Just as update: Beta of version 1.3 now reached Build 46...
    So there is progress ;-)

20. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

we now reached Build 48 of Vrsion 1.3 available to Beta Testers via TestFlight. I made it, because there is a new version of VLCKit that now can play multi-channel audio streams... looks good so far.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk