Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free App "vuplusTV" for Apple TV

Discussion in 'Ipad, Iphone, Android & Other Tablets' started by ssbmaccom, Mar 20, 2016.

1. jffluis

jffluis Vu+ Newbie

I can't find it in AppStore. Do you made available for all countries when submitting?

2. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

3. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

I started to work on Full EPG and iOS Version is in 3rd beta.

Just a small teaser:
    Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 00.18.39.png

rossi2000 likes this.
  4. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

im going to install this app tonight and see how it runs, nice work!

5. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

installed on my appletv4k, connected to openwebif on OpenViX image

works good!
    but how do u get picons to show?

6. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

I request the picons based on a standard naming scheme based on the "reference" for each service. Usually (at least on VTi) the picon file name can be derived from it. I have a fallback trying to find picons by service name, but this is less reliable.
    So the issue may be caused by the way the image you are using is referencing the picons.
    Open the OpenWebIF of your STB in a browser, then right click on one of the picons and have a look at the URL. Maybe you can share this URL and an m3u playlist from the STB with me.

7. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

hi

my picons are located in /media/hdd/picon
    they are service-named picons. for eg from openwebif

http://192.168.5.11/picon/bbconehd.png

I will try service-reference picons if that makes it better

8. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

9. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

The upper URL does not look good, may work but this is not a must. The lower one looks more promising. That's actually the way it works for me.
    Not sure we it does not work on your side. Maybe insufficient storage available on the appleTV? Maybe try to force quit the App and then restart it.

Beside this: new build for tvOS and iOS is in beta now. both have new VLCKit and some small UI fixes.

10. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

Strange Got plenty of storage on the appletv, I’m now running tvOS 12 will await new build to see if any different, are you able to add any debug to track why it’s not working?

11. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

What STB model do you have?
    Which image do you use?
    Which version of OpenWebIF?

Use tvOS 12 beta on your own risk, but I do not think, this may have an effect in this area.

When your STB has a HDD, you can try to enable Debug Logging. The Log is written locally on the aTV and when you close the app it shall copied to the STB storage. You can then grab it from there via FTP and share it with me. Failing download of PIcons should get logged there.

12. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

Hi Mate

Vu Ultimo4K
    OpenViX
    not too sure on the current version of openwebif, it usually is the latest built from the git.

I have enabled debug logs also.

Usually I just used a HD bouquet, But after looking through some other bouquets on the TV app, it just appears to be the HD channels that don't show a picon, SD channels show a picon just fine.

I have attached a screenshot to show this.

the Picons also show correctly in openwebif.

Attached Files:

13. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

When Debug Logging is activated, the App will write a log locally to the aTV and then, when the App is closed, it tries to copy it to the HDD of the STB. This requires FTP to be active on the STB.
    The copy of the log should be placed next to the location, where the recordings are saved.
    In my case it ends up as "vuplusTV.log" in "/media/hdd/vuplusTV_Backup".
    It should include error messages from downloading the PIcon files.

If you have such a file on your STB, please download it from the STB and share it with me. It looks to me, that the names of the PIcons for these channels do not follow the regular naming scheme also not the "fallback" I have prepared.

14. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

no probs I will check tonight, I enabled debug logs a while ago.
    all the picons should be named correctly as they work fine in openwebif.

thanks

15. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

hi

here is the log:-

log file created 2018-07-18 18:49:40 +0000
    [18.07.2018 19:51]: Starting VLCKit with URL: http://root:password@192.168.5.11:8001/1:0:19:DAE:23:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:
    [18.07.2018 19:55]: Stop Playback 1
    [18.07.2018 19:55]: media player deadlock - stop failed
    [18.07.2018 19:55]: Starting VLCKit with URL: http://root:password@192.168.5.11:8001/1:0:19:964:18:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:
    [18.07.2018 20:43]: Stop Playback 1
    [18.07.2018 20:43]: media player deadlock - stop failed
    [18.07.2018 20:43]: Starting VLCKit with URL: http://root:password@192.168.5.11:8001/1:0:19:A2B:1A:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:
    [18.07.2018 20:43]: Stop Playback 1
    [18.07.2018 20:43]: media player deadlock - stop failed

16. rossi2000

rossi2000 Vip

hi

any ideas on the above, everything working great just missing HD picons.

17. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

About the playback shown in the log... lets wait a few more days. I just pushed build 87 to my beta testers, and it is a release candidate. When I do not get a showstopper reported, it will go into AppStore review by end of this week. Usually it should be available early next week then. I also pushed a final beta of Version 1.0 for iOS.
    New in this version is mostly a newer build of TVVLCKit, which fixes the issues with wrong channel setup for multi-channel-audio and improved support for 4k UHD streams (on AppleTV 4k).

With the HD PIcons, the only reason can be, that the PIcon files do not follow the standard naming scheme which is based on the Service Reference. Unfortunately I do not get the file names from the box, the App has to "guess" them. Obviously this guess is incorrect for your setup. Can you share a directory listing (from borwser) of http://<yourbox>/picons/

18. ssbmaccom

ssbmaccom Vu+ Newbie

Finally: Version 1.4.3 is available now with improved support for 4k UHD streams and multi-channel-audio. Plus some smaller bugfixes and Localization for Poland.
    Also Version 1.0 of vuplusTV for iOS is available now. It is so far mostly port of rhe tvOS version adopted to touch screen use. Ther ate many improvements ahead for iOS, so this is just the starting point...

19. VladimirMit

VladimirMit Vu+ Newbie

About a year ago, after updated the program Vu+, the channels stopped switching (everything was fine before that). On Vu + I can watch the channel on which the receiver stopped, I have not changed the receiver settings, I have two of them - Dreambox DM800 HD se and Apple TV 4 - 3 pieces. The program MrMc - stream video from receivers and switch channels! Your program is easier, please fix the problem. Today I put your program on iPhone 7+ and the same thing - I’m watching the channel on which the receiver stopped, it’s not possible to switch channels (Zap STB on / off does not help), although a similar BlackBox program sees and switches channels !!!

20. jjhetfield

jjhetfield Vu+ Newbie

@ssbmaccom, this is a nice app. I tested all other VU+ clients in the AppStore and none has the feature/stability combination yours does. I particularly like the channel switching mechanism (with picons at the bottom).

There are however a few shortcomings (nice to have = nowhere near critical; good to have = useful; must have = major bug/shortcoming):
    - nice to have: one particular channel in my list is not displayed. No idea why - it shows up fine in the web interface and in any other client;
    - must have: refreshing the picons requires reinstalling the application (or perhaps I am doing something wrong here);
    - BIGGEST, must have: if the connection is unstable, the video stream does not fully recover when the network is back to OK (the image gets stutter/jitter, the sound keeps working fine);
    - good to have: a setting for the buffer size (I wouldn't mind waiting for a few seconds in the beginning to avoid micro-stoppages later when encountering a network glitch);
    - good to have: I couldn't figure out a way to schedule a recording from the client (can do from a different app, no issue);
    - good to have: select only one bouquet in Settings for displaying (rather than getting the list at the top - similar to the corresponding settings in the Kodi Enigma plugin)

I realize this is a long list of asking for a free app. I would be happy to pay for it / donate if you ever decide to publish a paid/donation version.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018