Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

Discussion in 'Black Hole HowTo & Guides' started by Mito, Mar 18, 2013.

1. meho7

meho7 Vu+ Newbie

Hello guys im currently on BH 2.1.1 and want to update to a newer image. What do you recommend? BH BH 3.0.5.I or OBH 4.1? Also do i need to update kernel, bootloader? cheers
    my box is a Vu+Solo

2. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac BH Lover

Has it was discussed many other times, this is a difficult question to answer. It's a subjective position.
    I can give you my experience: after some years with BH (but trying in multiboot the new OBH since its 0.4 release), I'm now definitely on OBH because I find it much more comfortable under many aspects.
    Not only that: it is not bounded to VU+ original drivers so that if there a problem with VU+, BH has got the same issues whilst OBH hasn't (maybe is true also the viceversa but it hasn't occurred so often since OBH 4.1 was released).
    For your box, also, OBH is a lighter image than BH. Probably heavier than BH2.1.7 but surely lighter than the last BH.

3. korret

korret Vu+ Newbie

BH Y OPBH . son casi iguales . pero OPBH tiene mas opciones en menu y mas pieles y mas ligero .a mi me gusta mucho mas . OPBH . sobre todo para vu solo que tiene menos memoria .

4. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac BH Lover

Wrong: they are quite different (images ARE NOT skins...) but, above all, as I wrote, it's thei kernel completely different.

5. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

Warning

In this Forum section we use English.

6. korret

korret Vu+ Newbie

muy bien .

7. lukas26

lukas26 Vu+ Newbie

HowTo flash/update Vu+zero4k images thx?

8. Mick12334

Mick12334 Moderator

It should be the same way you do most of the VU+ receivers.
    First format your USB stick to FAT 32, using your PC.
    Next download the image you wish to load, ensuring you have the correct image, for your receiver:
    Black Hole for VU+ Zero 4k:
    http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-zero4k-black-hole-images.146/

Open Black Hole for VU+ Zero 4K:
    http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/openbh-vu-zero4k-images.149/

Open the file, using winzip, WinRAR or the free 7-zip.
    You should now be left with a vuplus folder, which you copy onto your FAT 32 formatted USB stick.
    Turn off your receiver, at the rear, insert the USB stick, turn on your receiver and it should start flashing the new image.

If it doesn't try a different USB stick, the older, cheaper, ones ten to work better.

lukas26 likes this.