Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBH unresponsive after today's update for some minutes

Discussion in 'OpenBH Vu+ Solo4K Images' started by Alexwilmac, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

I performed, as almost every day, the online update and, since then, my OBH 0.6 became very slow under every aspects: zapping, browsing menus, everything. Then, after a couple of minutes, it improved.

2. Ev0

Ev0 Administrator

Mine is fine, it's the same speed it always is, even after just booting.

3. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

I wonder if it's possible to add a script to perform a fsck at boot, before the drive is mounted because through terminal it's not clear if it is executed and by menus too.

4. carwash

carwash Vu+ Newbie

Been doing a update almost every day with no problems, but know when I try to do update box crashes!

5. CapricornDog

CapricornDog Vu+ Newbie

Mine won't boot after todays update it just sits on the black screen with the black hole logo, and the vu+ solo 4k on the display.
    looks like I'm going to have to reflash.

6. montatodas

montatodas Vu+ Newbie

Same problem as CapricornDog here.
    After update had to reflash, looks like its a boot problem.

7. sicer2005

sicer2005 Vu+ Newbie

You need to flash w version of image from 11122016 and after that you can continue w online update. In new image there is new git and it means to reflash image instead update online. A new git is above BH team.

8. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

Actually, this thread I opened in August has nothing to do with posts posted after the #2 from Ev0 which, in my opinion, was conclusive.
    Threads' subjects are important to have effective discussions. We can't attach everything to the first thread we find just to say something, I think.
    But this is up to administrators to decide when a thread has got its final answer (if any).

9. carwash

carwash Vu+ Newbie

I believe the thread that you opened was about a online update, were in your case it slows down your setup , I and others too did the update but with different consequences and thats why we posted with similar problems
    I apologize if you feel that we have hijacked your thread and in future I will open a new Thread regarding a similar issue and leave yours and only yours dormant

Regards

10. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

You can do whatever you like. My advice was not "against" you but in favour of a most effective forum (because my advice was, indeed, generic).
    Threads' subject and topics are meant to facilitate us users, not me. I could have easily ignored this thread and I could have removed my subscription because it had actually got to its end.