Joining Bits Shop
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording overwrite problem

Discussion in 'Vu+ Solo2 Black Hole Images' started by funkymale, Aug 24, 2017.

  1. bouli

    bouli Vu+ Newbie

    Messages:
    7
    I also have the bug since version 3.0.3Q (shown in Menu->Information->About).
    I updated my Ultimo4K to version 3.0.5 as it says "Fix Timer recording bug" but it is still there.
    I have more than 36 repeated timers (for all the week) and I restore the timers.xml from a previous backup (done via ssh console, not via backup/restore plugin).
    Each day I have to move my recordings to an other directory or restart enigma2 (in this case all start dates are update to start "today" or a day in the future) to avoid having my recordings being overwritten!

    I hope this bug will be fixed soon.
    If anyone has a lead to solve this
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Ev0

    Ev0 Administrator

    Messages:
    2,155
    I am not certain, but I think you saving your old timers.xml could be the problem
     
    Alexwilmac likes this.
  3. Alexwilmac

    Alexwilmac BH Lover

    Messages:
    1,903
    I agree with Ev0: I'd create a completely new timer.xml to be sure the old timer doesn't bring the issue with itself...
     
  4. bouli

    bouli Vu+ Newbie

    Messages:
    7
    Thank you guys. It is sad to have to reset already set timers but if it solves the problem, it is OK.
    I will do that tomorrow. Thank you for your replies.
     
  5. bouli

    bouli Vu+ Newbie

    Messages:
    7
    Hi
    This problem is still not solved in version 3.0.5. S what is the next move.
    I clear timers.xml (with continuous "rm /etc/enigma2/timers.xml" while restarting Enigma2). Once Enigma2 has restarted, I restarted without doing anything on timers.xml. After this second restart, timers.xml had the default empty structure :

    <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <timers>
    </timers>
    Then I fill all my timers using OpenWebIf web interface. and the problem still exists !
    My previous timers.xml was filled with Timers menu in Blackhole GUI (not via WebInterface) and the problem appears long time after... just after an online update.

    For me, the timers.xml is not corrupted. This is an internal bug of BlackHole.

    This is really anoying !
    Is there any repository to contribute because this is going to make me crazy. This bug runs for weeks/months now.

    Thank you
     
  6. Matrix10

    Matrix10 Administrator

    Messages:
    8,037
    Of bug in Webinterface.
    I have test Germany channels recording and using timers with GUI Menu .No bug.
    Or better say I could not confirm the bug.

    Test recording using Menu
    this part of the image has not been changed for a few years now
    and it is the same as VU +
    In the case of a bug, they should be notified.
     
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  7. bouli

    bouli Vu+ Newbie

    Messages:
    7
    I am going to clear evertyhing again and I will create the same timer twice, once via Wbeinterface ,once via GUI and compare two resulting files. Let's hope I will find a difference.
     
  8. bouli

    bouli Vu+ Newbie

    Messages:
    7
    And I always use GUI to create timers. I just use WebInterface this time because it was faster to reencode 39 repeated timers via WebInterface than via GUI ;)
     
  9. Cyclops

    Cyclops Vu+ Newbie

    Messages:
    11
    whoa. mocked about in settings last night and did a online update to 5.0.5.A. either the update or one of the things i did in settings seems to fix the problem.
    Go to: main menu->setup->system->recording paths make sure they all is set to /hdd/movie/ (exept timeshift that is /media/hdd/) or where ever you weant them to record. not "save to standard location" witch is default.
    I think that is the only thing i changed. if none of them work give me a shout and ill go through all my settings.
     

Share This Page