Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio from toslink only setting

Discussion in 'Newbies Questions & Infos' started by magmo, Jun 4, 2020.

1. magmo

magmo Vu+ Newbie

Hello, if I want to use audio from toslink instead of the audio in the hdmi, what do I need to change in the settings on a VU+ Solo 2? Also, is there any special settings to get dolby digital from the receiver?

I have tried passthrough and downmix for AC3, they both give sound on toslink, but when there is a dolby digital audio I need to change to downmix, but then I only get stereo

2. oblivian

oblivian Vu+ Newbie

There is not enough bandwith to get dolby digital over toslink
    forget it

3. magmo

magmo Vu+ Newbie

I find that very hard to belive since I have this setup on a Nvidia shield and there I get dolby digital sound through a toslink output. Can you tell me why this shouldnt work on the Vu+ solo 2 receiver?

4. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Have you try the direct connection from the Vu+Solo2 without the toslink through the S/PDIF ??

5. magmo

magmo Vu+ Newbie

Yes its directly connected through S/PDIF connection to my surround system, and when there is a dolby digital program on SVT for example it should also output dolby digital, right?

6. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Yes if you have the Audio for the channel set to DD (AC3)
    I think that the standard audio is set to HE-AAC so check that for SVT 1 HD

7. magmo

magmo Vu+ Newbie

I have these settings but its not detected as Dolby Digital in my surround system...

[​IMG]

8. magmo

magmo Vu+ Newbie

Update, I now have Dolby Digital with that settings, none of the programs I tried earlier could have been using Dolby Digital apparently.

9. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

And also have in mind that not all broadcast like news and other then Movies usally dont send the audio in surrand ;)

Jag tror inte många sändningar från SVT går i äkta surrand ljud utan bara stereo.
    Detta gäller i prinsip alla kanaler utom Film/sport samt kanske något natur program
    Då får du Dolby men i stereo bara

magmo likes this.
  10. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

Duo 4K connected to a Pioneer VSX-321-k-p, via optical cable:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Hectror Luis Hernandez

Hectror Luis Hernandez Vu+ Newbie

tosklink it passes Dolby Digital ... 5.1 what Toskink does not work is Dolby Atmos

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    oblivian likes this.