Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal SATA Duo 4K SE caddy

Discussion in 'Hard Disks internal / external' started by gogglebox, Feb 18, 2021.

1. gogglebox

gogglebox Vu+ User

Hi,

How thick does the disk has to be in order for it to fit in the caddy?

Having a look at the pictures on Amazon, I have not been able to determine if it’s the same size as the Duo 4K.

2. Mick12334

Mick12334 Moderator

This product is new, and even details on the VU+ website isn't available, however details for the Duo 4K, which should be the same, state:
    Detachable 2.5”HDD Slot The bigger slot(15mm) enables the capacity up to 4TB.
    Code:
    http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0119.php

gogglebox likes this.
  3. gogglebox

gogglebox Vu+ User

Thanks! This is what I saw and I couldn’t find the corresponding information on the web. I just know a vendor online offers drives up to 5TB, whereas a second doesn’t. Looking at the back on the box on Amazon, it doesn’t look like the Duo 4K caddy, which confuses me more.

I was wondering if someone here who has a box could confirm the size of the caddy, although I might just get a 2TB drive.

4. thedoc11

thedoc11 Vu+ Newbie

to confirm please see attached drive that I have placed in it and it fits perfectly its a 2.5inch caddy wd ssd.jpg

gogglebox likes this.
  5. gogglebox

gogglebox Vu+ User

Thanks!

6. gogglebox

gogglebox Vu+ User

I appreciate your help with the disk! I now have a box on order with a 4TB disk coming with it.

thedoc11 likes this.
  7. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

It has only 7mm height! ;)

best regards
    nunigaia

gogglebox and Mick12334 like this.
  8. gogglebox

gogglebox Vu+ User

Oh thanks! The vendor sells it with one and a review said 15mm. Ah!

9. gogglebox

gogglebox Vu+ User

I can confirm the caddy is the same as for the Duo 4K. My box has arrived and the disk fits perfectly.