Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important about OBH 4.4 and password

Discussion in 'Board News, Questions and Suggestions' started by Thomas67, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

I think that its somewhat unclear in the information about OpenBlackhole 4.4
    Information say... *** Password needed for FTP/Telnet***

This is true but you accully must first create a password. There is no default password
    So before you can access your Vu+ with above mention method follow this steps.

1. Press Menu Button to open Main Menu.

2. Now scroll to menu Setup and press OK button.

3. Scroll to menu Network and press OK button.

4. Here you find Password press Ok button to open this setting

Now enter your own personal password and press GreenButton save it.
    Now you can login with ftp and telnet using this personal password you just created :)

Hope this helps you, but this must be done before any attempts to access your Vu+ with ftp/telnet.

Waku, ertan3, bilgehan09 and 2 others like this.
  2. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

I have been using Total Commander for many years and box can be contacted with or without a password.

https://www.ghisler.com/

3. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

Total Commander is only for Windows: luckily enough there is not only this Babele's tower in the IT world ;)
    As announced many weeks ago, new images like OBH 4.4 or OpenViX 5.4 require a password for the root user and this is not an option.
    But is not even a tragedy.

Thomas67 likes this.
  4. Waku

Waku Vu+ Newbie

I changed from open blackhole to blackhole for this issue. I didn't know that I need to input a password first. I will try obh again other day. Thanks for the warning Thomas 67

5. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

It's not an issue: it's a feature, and it's simply compulsory to set it, supposedly also in every other new releases of open images.

6. gerolamo

gerolamo Vu+ User

Sorry alexwillmac if I intrude:
    you cannot stop in front of this mandatory PW when it takes a few seconds to set it
    And if I understood it, that's all to say ...
    I even read it as a security for our boxes so much so that I also set it to the old and glorious Vu Duo who still has OBH 4.3 image

7. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

And that's why I still use Windows 8 on my daily machine
    I don't have time for daily updating.
    In addition, the spies have now moved to Win 10

I believe the security is better on the old OS

:D :D :D :chair:

8. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Hmm.... So what you are saying @Matrix10 is that we all should go back to Blackpole instead of OBH :dance::dance:
    At least you and me have some nice skins hanging around for that image if only @Ev0 can build a couple of new one for the Vu+ 4K series ;)

And to @Waku its not a warning its just to clear up that you need to set a password before you accully can use one :)

Waku likes this.
  9. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

14. März 2006
    Expert version of mini skin 1.jpg (test pls i can not test 16:9)
    Copy file to /tmp
    Install with Blue Panel
    MX

:D :D :D

Attached Files:

• 1a.jpg
      1a.jpg
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      93.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      79.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      46.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      47.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      51.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      55.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2a.jpg
      2a.jpg
      File size:
      45.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  10. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Thoose where the happy days :lol: how about maybe do a makeover and retro re launch ;)

11. @MujaG@

@MujaG@ BH Lover

Thanks mates..cheers

12. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

Well, @Matrix10 , maybe then, you can go back also to WinXP that was crippled by hackers everywhere :D
    After all, if people want to use a fake O.S. (whatever version we may be talking about) like windows, it's fine for me!
    My life became different the day I abandoned this Babele's tower, without a logic, without a project at its basis, if not piling up thousands of conflicting DLLs and register entries (what blaspheme thing!).
    Fortunately enough, there are also real OSs out there ;)
    But this is OT.
    Coming back to the password subject, I really don't see where the problem resides. To me, nothing changed with 4.4: I've been using a password for years...

13. amine2010

amine2010 Vu+ Newbie

Personally my big issue with this image is the keymap. I was waiting for change but nothing happened. I and everyone in the house always use ok button to open services list which is impossible with OBH. I changed it easily in other image including BH except this one. I really love but I cannot use because of this big issue.

14. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

So, the BIG issue is that you cannot use OK instead of one of the two closest keys, that are UP or DOWN?
    OK equals to the RETURN key for a PC and I would be furious if it was dedicated to such secondary function!
    What does it mean "OK"? It means: "Very good: do that", or "Execute this command" and it is a confirmation key, then.
    OK opens the Infobar in every images and, under OBH, there is also the great chance to set the timeout of the 1st and 2nd infobar in a different way.
    So, the 1st Infobar can be set with a real timeout in seconds whilst the 2nd might be set to NO Timeout. This lets the user have the 2nd infobar disappear only when he presses OK and this not possible under BH.
    You say that under BH is possible to make OK for channel list: I don't remember that, but, even so, it would be a nonsense.

15. amine2010

amine2010 Vu+ Newbie

i use ok button to open channel list for many years and it is not easy to change suddenly. all the other image have the option to change ok button. for the BH i asked a friend to edit the keymap and it works perfectly but it does not work for OBH. may be there are others like me who do not see 1st and 2nd infobar as a priority. so why i use enigma2 boxes if i do not have the privilege to choose settings on my taste.
    thank you

16. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

That's interesting: so, as I remembered, BH has no option to do that and it was needed a customization of the system file keymap.xml in order to achieve this result...
    And, in terms of customization, surely, BH is not as flexible as OBH is. So, what would you have told about BH possibilities regarding that? ;)
    If this option is not present in OBH (and in every other OE-A images, I suppose) only a similar change to keymap.xml might work.

17. Matrix10

Matrix10 Administrator

Try this keymap.xml in zip file
    first back up the existing one in /usr/share/enigma2/
    OK opens the list
    UP / Down key toggle / Show Infobar

Pay attention to image update
    can replace the file again.

Attached Files:

18. amine2010

amine2010 Vu+ Newbie

that's what i am talking about.

many thanks

19. PAULG

PAULG Vu+ Newbie

This is an interesting topic, although it's pretty sad too. Interesting that it's clear some people don't like "Change", and to be fair to those who don't it shows their at ease with their system. However, if you don't like "Change" then why "Change" your firmware? If your receiver is quite happy doing what it is supposed to do then why "Change" it? Now the "Sad" part is this talk about Operating Systems. Microsoft XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and now Windows 10. I remember the shock and horror stories when Windows 8 emerged, everyone was going mad because it was different, no start button menu. The sad truth is, operating systems, like firmware for our receivers, is going to "Change" and we must change with it. Sure it is not always for the best in many cases, but it's up to us to adapt with it. We can't please everyone all the time, that's life. While on this subject I would like to bring up something that's bugged me for years, Enigma2! This is a Linux based system to run our receivers, and yet DCC2 or E-Channelizer won't run on a stand alone Linux Operating System without having to add some other third party software, like Wine. It makes no sense that these programs are developed to allow us to connect to our Linux based receivers but haven't developed the programs to run on Linux Operating Systems. Crazy! But I guess it is what it is.

20. drsofler

drsofler Vu+ Newbie

dear
    must i change username and password both?? thanks