Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JediMakerXtream IPTV Bouquet plugin

Discussion in 'Vu+ Plugins' started by Thomas67, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Almost all iptv streams today are cut into chuncks of 5-30 seconds and thats the reason you get only a small recording.
    This has nothing todo with JediMakerXtream, plugin only create the bouquets for you.

I guess that Xcplugin use the buffer and therfore can put all the chunks togather to a whole file and thats why you cant change channel when recording iptv streams with Xcplugin.

There is no Enigma2 image that can handle this chunked streams and record them but i see in the future that this might be implemented as Streaming channels also now is avalible over satellite.
    How long we have to wait.. I dont now but we can hope that we get a solution not to far into the future

don_hidalgo26 likes this.
  2. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac Vip

Well... I don't use IPTV channels, I don't know this specific plugin but, as some days ago I installed some international FTA IPTV channels, I was curious to try this recording issue, after reading this message. Surely I had managed to do a year ago or so. But to try if something had changed with these "new" channels", I tried again and it was actually possible either record from them normally or, while it was recording, zap to another channel and everything went fine.
    They were 10 minutes but surely more than 30 seconds.

3. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Almost all IPTV providers use the latest standard called HLS (http live streaming) so you where lucky to find a FTA IPTV list built on the old standard ;)
    the HLS protocol chops up MP4 video content into short (10-second) chunks with the .ts file extension (MPEG2 Transport Stream).
    Next, an IPTV server stores those streams, and http delivers these short clips to viewers on their devices. (HLS will play video encoded with the H.264 or HEVC/H.265 codecs.)
    The http server also creates a .m3u/.M3U8 playlist file

So what does the jedi plugin do. It converts your m3u/m3u8 playlist into enigma2 bouquets so you can stream the channels like you do with your regular channels.
    You can filter out the categories you dont want since most m3u/m3u8 have categories from the whole world and would be lots of bouquets.
    The plugin have no built in player. it only converts the m3u playlist into a playable bouquet you can watch with your enigma2 based stb.

4. don_hidalgo26

don_hidalgo26 Vu+ Newbie

Dear all,
    For sure Jedimaker is the best for creating bouquets because it was done only for this purpose and it is also good the possibility, with Jedimaker, to schedule the updates of the bouquets.
    But, on the contrary of xcplugin, Jedimaker is very heavy (about 2 MB) while xcplugin is less than 0,5 MB so xcplugin could be a good plugin for older Vu+ models.
    Moreover, also xcplugin has the possibility to create bouquets but not automatically like Jedimaker.
    Finally the format of the recording with xcplugin of iptv streams is .ts.

Kind regards
    Roberto

PS: I attach the xcplugin in the case you want to try. Many thanks to Thomas for the Iptv lesson;):):)

Attached Files:

Thomas67 and a911 like this.
  5. josagi

josagi Vu+ User

JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 5.30 (Universal)

Attached Files:

HHJung24 and don_hidalgo26 like this.
  6. titau_135

titau_135 Vu+ Newbie

JediMakerXtream V5.31

Added in catchup fix for new experimental OpenVIX EPG
    Fixed a crash if trying to trigger catchup from the wrong EPG screens

Attached Files:

josagi likes this.
  7. josagi

josagi Vu+ User

JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 5.32 (Universal)

Attached Files:

8. rafat

rafat Vu+ Newbie

Hello everyone, I have been trying to load a m3u list all afternoon and without success, well the file loads but it does not create bouquets and no channels appear, I use Darksky-FHD skin, any suggestion please?

Thanks and best regards.

9. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Are you using a local saved m3u list or is it an external list?

Skin does not matter any more it was just in the first releases we needed to adapt the Blackhole skins but all works now with any skin

10. rafat

rafat Vu+ Newbie

it's a local list,I upload it in m3u format and it does not load the channels and if I upload it in text format it stays in "loading data"

11. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Have you tested the list with VLC player so you no its valid ??

12. rafat

rafat Vu+ Newbie

yes, tested and works perfectly

13. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Then save the list with VLC as m3u if you have not try allredy

14. josagi

josagi Vu+ User

V6.00 JediMakerXtream (beta)

Attached Files:

15. josagi

josagi Vu+ User

JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 6.01 (Universal)

Attached Files:

16. josagi

josagi Vu+ User

JEDI MAKER XTREAM - Version 6.03 (Universal)

Attached Files: